As my 2 year Etsy-versary draws near I think about how far my shop has come and what I have learned. These are the top 5:
1. Tape is your best friend! Always keep a back up to your back up roll. There is nothing more frustrating than running out of tape with only 5 minutes until the post office closes!
2. Adapt to Change! Etsy, social media and the changing economy has taught me that in order to grow you must constantly evolve and EMBRACE change. It can be scary, but you've got to roll with it.
3. Treat your Customers the way you would like to be treated. Whether they spend $1 or $100, always handle their orders with the same urgency, respect and care. Without them your shop is nothing.
4. Your NEVER done working on your shop. As soon as you think your finally finished, you realize it can be better!
5. Every now and then take a break! Breathe and STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER.